Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] carburation vs fuel injection

Jeff Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:08:45 edt

Dear motorheads,
    Everybody is right and makes excellent points,...but some food for
thought.  Carbs require a somewhat restrictive venturi and work best with
higher intake velocities.  EFI systems can be sized for max flow
throughout,..and the fuel atomization problem is solved by the
injectors,...even at low port velocity.   Of course throttle bodies and
carbs of similar sizes should make similar maximum power,....all other
things being equal.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06  Bicycle Path   Port Jefferson Station   NY
11776    USA
tech:  516-928-6679  or  516-928-9863
website:     http://www.jcperformance.com/
****