Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] carburation vs fuel injection

John C Williamson (john.williamson5@virgin.net)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:39:52 +0100

Not that this is my argument but..

Fuel injection will make more power (marginally) simply because the fuel is
pumped in.
In a carb the fuel has to be 'sucked in' by the venturi in the carb which by
neccesity has to restrict the airflow through the carb slightly to speed up
the flow through the venturi. If it didn't restrict flow it could not pick
up any fuel!

John Williamson
john.williamson5@virgin.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Christer Johansson <christer.johansson@mbox383.swipnet.se>
To: Lorcan Parnell <lorcan@globalnet.co.uk>
Cc: <turbobike@natvideo.com>
Sent: 21 April 1999 16:29
Subject: Re: [turbobike] carburation vs fuel injection

Yes Iīm enjoying this to, but iīm a bit frustrated to see that You
wont accept the facts...hehe
Why didnīt You answer to all my statements in the last mail?
I was talking about modern days bike carbs ,besides fuel injection
has been around equally long.
Well I think I have proven My point over and over again, thereīs not
much more I can do about it...
Not all EFIīs can be adjusted individually.
I just knew You would mention Terry Kizers bike!
But is his bike also a GSXR 1127 with the same turbo setup,
just with EFI instead ? No it aint , You cant compare
apples and peerīs ,now can You?
Please explain to Me  why it is that an EFI will make more power
than a carb setup that works right!
Well I already now the answer to that ,IT WONT.

regards / Christer