Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] SHURflo pumps suck

Jeff Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:26:32 edt

Tim,
   Sounds like maybe your oil volume to the turbo is excessive or else
the pump is pulling air instead of oil,...surely  1.4  gal  per minute
is plenty of capacity ???   I would put a 3/16"  restrictor  in the turbo
oil supply line to limit volume, not pressure.  Japanese motors supply a
LOT  of oil pressure and volume,....you only need  25 psi  and not much
volume.   The turbo's usually have dynamic oil seals,..only effective
while they are spinning quite well.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06  Bicycle Path   Port Jefferson Station   NY
11776    USA
tech:  516-928-6679  or  516-928-9863
website:     http://www.jcperformance.com/