Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] [Fwd: Another Virus Warning...]

Abraham Mara (AbeFM@dis.member.org)
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:02:39 -0000

Perhaps you were running a bit on the rich side?  My steed rode ok at idle -
a bit of lope, but under control, once it wamed up.  but I know it worked
pretty well with the pump, and did run out of juice without it.  I only ran
10 lbs of boost...  Then again, I had some problems with my fuel filter
getting plugged all the time (long story)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Drew <timdrew@cix.co.uk>
To: inniss@sprynet.com <inniss@sprynet.com>
Cc: turbobike@natvideo.com <turbobike@natvideo.com>
Date: Saturday, April 24, 1999 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [turbobike] [Fwd: Another Virus Warning...]

Pat,

Against all advice I gravity feed the S&S Shorty Super-E carburetor on my
old GSX-R11 draw-through system. I used a Pingle fuel tap and a fairly
short length of 3/8 fuel hose. The system was set up for 18psi boost and I
never experienced any lean running, although it has to be said the Super-E
has got an incredibly large float bowl.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend using a S&S Shorty Super-E for street use. My
old draw-through turbo system ran really well on boost, but like a heap of
shit at low speed - An absolute nightmare in slow moving traffic - And
that's after spending a lot of time attempting to set the damn thing up.

Regards

Tim Drew
--
mailto:timdrew@cix.co.uk