Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] New project CBR600 F3 turbo

Re: [turbobike] New project CBR600 F3 turbo

Steve Leonard (sleonard@buffnet.net)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:50:30 -0500

The Motec unit costs about $3500 (US), pricey for sure.  But it has about
30min on board data logging. 4 digital and 2 analog inputs. We used it for
traction control, and launch control, and using Motorolla data modems we had
telemetry.
    Being blunt the Motec is a pain in the ass to get intially configured,
each sensor has to be configured. MAP, throttle, temperature, etc. BUT, you
can use any type/make of sensor you want, you don't have to buy specific
sensors calibrated to Haltec or Electromotive units.
    Once calibrated the Motec is rock solid, our previous Haltech F9 unit
would not compensate for for weather and altitude changes very well. I always
seemed to be "retuning" the Haltechs.
    If you are going to keep your F3, or Race it like Rick does his turbo
GXSR, then the Motec is a good investment. With it's flexibility: from on
board flash memory to sensor calibration to being able to trim fuel and
ignition maps for individual cylinders.