Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: [turbobike] CBR600 F3 turbo location and oil return/scavenge

[turbobike] CBR600 F3 turbo location and oil return/scavenge

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:58:50 -0500

Steve, All,
    Thanks for the replies.  Steve, where did you mount the aerocharger?  It
didn't look like it would fit in the front of the bike with the stock fairing
on.   Did you drop the compression ratio?  Pretty impressive hp numbers on your
project.  Do you have any pics?  Especially of your intake manifold?
Unfortunately I will be using carbs early on and wont expect that kind of HP,
but would love to learn from you.

  The best Gerhart at aerocharger would do for me is $1500 which is pretty
pricey.  I can get a Garrett T-2 for $350, but there is the added cost of the
oiling system.  Pretty sure I'm going with the T-2, I may even order it today.

    After spending some time on the bike, we were considering mounting the
turbo in front of the rear tire to the center stand mount.  This would save us
much welding on the exhaust manifold as the 4-1 collector is right there.
However, the turbo will be below the oil pan, requiring an oil scavenge pump.
Anyone doing this?  What are you using for an oil pump/oil return system.  Is
this a bad location?

thanks,
    Dave.