Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Carb Question

Christer Johansson (christer.johansson@mbox383.swipnet.se)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:40:38 +0100

Couldnīt you use a ignition retard on the starting line wich retarded qite
heavily? I belive that would create extremly hot exhausts wich in turn
would spool up the turbo by the moving energy in the hot gases.
I belive there is one guy here in Sweden that uses it with great sucess.

Is there anybody in the U.S using another turbo than the common Rayjay,
Garrett, Aerodyne?
I have seen extremly good results with Mitsubishi, KKK and especially
Schwitzer, wich I belive will outperfom even many ball bearing turbos.
There is a Swedish based dragbike team that uses a Schwitzer S300
turbo on their pro mod (or is it funny bike?) with great results.
They have runned 6,93 at 209mph on gasoline ,so far.

Christer