Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Carb Question

Bryan (bgoodwin@iquest.net)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:16:23 -0500

A draw through turbo is basically a huge inlet restriction until the engine
gets enough rpm to get the compressor caught up with the engine's needs.
That, in addition to the long exhaust path to the turbo, is why most
draw-through setups "bang in" at 5-6k or even higher with a race setup.

At 04:28 AM 11/23/99 EST, ABNZX9@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/22/99 4:21:19 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>shammar@nsk-corp.com writes:
>
><< I believe that the amount of time it will
> take to fill the plenum will be insignificant.
>
>  >>
>Could this be why some turbo dragbikes rev the bike repeatedly at the line?
>That is one thing I really like about my Aerodyne compared to a friends draw
>thru turboed GSXR my bike has no turbo lag whatsover.

bgoodwin@iquest.net
FZR1000 turbo EFI
(aka The Money Pit)