Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

RE: [turbobike] Spacer gasket question

Burger, Marius (marius.burger@sasol.com)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:05:09 +0200

Huh? Isn't that what cam chain tensioners are for. As long as the amount of
links between the cam sprockets stay put (in a DOHC setup) the timing won't
change. Putting a spacer with the head gasket (the way I understand your
mail) will necessitate  you to maybe go one link up on the tight side of the
chain, the resulting slack (or lack of it) should be taken up on the
tensioner's side. As long as there are two crank revolutions for every
camshaft rev all should be well? Help me if I am wrong here.
Marius

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan [mailto:bgoodwin@iquest.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 2:26 PM
To: rawant@webtv.net; turbobike@natvideo.com
Subject: Re: [turbobike] Spacer gasket question

Yep. Although you ususally install a pair of cam sprockets. When you raise
the deck height by installing a spacer, you'll be advancing both cams. How
thick is your spacer? When you degree your cams you'll be able to dial out
a little overlap if you want, but stock settings will probably do just fine.

At 11:02 PM 11/15/99 -0800, RAW ANT wrote:
>when you install a spacer gasket is it necessary to install an adjustable
>cam sprocket on the inlet cam     RAW M.... F..... ANT
bgoodwin@iquest.net
FZR1000 turbo EFI
(aka The Money Pit)