Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] oil pump fittings@stuff

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:48:20 -0400

--------------61992F255B37546F37720009

Stuart,
    I'm running brass fittings in my Shurflo.  Yes on the check valve,
the oil will gravity feed down the line, into the turbo and out into the
exhaust header for a big puff of smoke every time you start it.  I run
my pump full time, if you don't fully scavenge the oil you'll cook the
turbo because fresh oil won't be able to get in it.
    I'm running my pump through the fused ignition circuit.  A manual
switch will be forgotten, all it takes is once.
    Are you running hoses right out of the turbo, or do you have a mini
oil pan, and are pumping out of this?  Many people suggest a vented oil
pan, I'm curious what your doing.  I have a small oil pan but it's not
vented, seems to be working OK but I'd like to get rid of it and just
run hoses.

Good luck,
    Dave.