Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] CV carb jetting

Jeff Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Tue, 11 May 1999 10:57:19 edt

Doug,
    Been there,....etc etc   First make sure the turbo is ok,...no bent
vanes, etc.   You need a #48  slow jet,....drilled out idle port ( 1
drill size)   heavier slide spring,...N72V  needle with the last  .250"
of the tip thinned 1mm.  You should have 3- 3 1/2  lbs fuel pressure, and
a float bowl extension for more capacity.  Start with a #245  main.  You
need an agressive ignition curve with 28 -30 degrees total,...and a
retard of   5  - 15  degrees at 4 or 5 lbs of boost  depending on max
boost.
   You're in the ballpark,....tweak from there,...use race gas for color
and plug checks. Seriously consider upgrading the turbo to a Garrett
T-2,......WAY BETTER,....CHEAPER, RELIABLE,  etc.   I gave Aerocharger
every chance and then some,....great idea,...too delicate for the
dynamics of big twins.
  I call it like i see it first hand,....

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06  Bicycle Path   Port Jefferson Station   NY
11776    USA
tech:  516-928-6679  or  516-928-9863
website:     http://www.jcperformance.com/
*******