Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] carburation vs fuel injection

John C Williamson (john.williamson5@virgin.net)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:31:48 +0100

flow slightly, as this 'venturi' is the thing that actually draws fuel from
the floatbowl. The flow through carbs is pretty efficient on modern bikes
though so the difference will be quite small.

It is true that fuel injection will allow more accurate fueling in all
conditions, if money / time allows so less flat spots and possible better
throttle responce.

On the other hand my 1100 GSX EF used a cheap stock Mr Turbo kit with a
single draw through carb and this was fine! Idle was a little ragged, but it
kind of adds character! Unlike the short 'banana' drag style exhaust pipe
that tries to turn your left leg to charcoal.

Does anyone know how much extra boost is possible with N2O due to the
cooling effect?

BURGERMAN

----- Original Message -----
From: Lorcan Parnell <lorcan@globalnet.co.uk>
To: <turbobike@natvideo.com>
Sent: 18 April 1999 19:41
Subject: Re: [turbobike] carburation vs fuel injection

Christer,

I have to disagree. It is not possible to match the performance of EFI with
carbs. If it was, the F1 teams would use carbs. Indycars would use carbs.
They don't.  EFI will always be ahead and as technology improves more so.
Your point about the variations in flow is simply wrong. Yes, you need 8
injectors, possibly more (my bike has 16). Bikes of the future will all use
EFI. The only reasons to use carburettors is because they are cheap, or
because the rules (like in Pro Stock) don't allow EFI.

Regards

Lorcan