Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Any suggestions on a wastegate?

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 14:56:16 -0500

Christer,
    Thanks for the reply, I'm fitting the T2 turbo ($300 vs. $1500 for an
aerocharger) on a CBR600.  I have unclipped both sides of the turbo housing
and twisted/moved it around, as well as moving the actuator assembly
everywhere I could think of.  The turbo itself barely fits.  One of my
requirements is to keep the stock fairing in place, so....  I'm pretty sure I
am going to have to go to an external wastegate and plumb the exhaust
manifold for it and move the wastegate near the bottom of the bike.  Gonna
keep on trying.  Any wastegate suggestions?

thanks,
    Dave.