Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Any suggestions on a wastegate?

christer johansson (christer.johansson@mbox383.swipnet.se)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 23:42:53 +0100

Dave
Yes it can be qite tiresome to fit a turbo system to a modern bike
especially if its watercooled like Yours!
Have You tried to mount the actuator on the opposit side to normal?
On My old setup (Garrett T3) I used this, then You have to rotate the
wastegate arm 180 degrees.
Im sorry but i dont know of any cheap separate wastegates, just the
usuall turbocompany stuff. If You go with a separate wastegate try to get
a "big" one around 35mm would do the trick I think. As You will need
to wastegate a lot at high revs. There must be a separate wastegate on
some car as stock equipment?! If I dont remember wrongly I think some
Audis used one?

regards / Christer