Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] Transmission for GSXR1100...

Re: [turbobike] Transmission for GSXR1100...

Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:26:19 -0800

What's a zed ??????

Turbo Rick
350HP Turbo GSXR1100 Street bike And Performance Bikes
Links Page, Chat Room and coming soon the on line parts store
Web Site  http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/
EL Mirage Land speed Record holder 204.626 MPH
E-mail gsxr1100@ptw.com

>The solution to stop gearbox breakage on gsx-rs is to throw the whole load
>of scrap in the nearest skip and start over with something a bit decent
>(like a zed)
>
>                  ______
>                 |      |
>                 |      |
>              ___|______|___
>                /        \
>               / /-\  /-\ \       "DONT FEAR THE REAPER...."
>               \ \_/  \_/ /
>                \_  @@  _/
>                  \/\/\/
>                   \/\/
>                  |____|
>           __@@@@___||___@@@@__
>           __|__|__|__|__|__|__|
>            |__|__|__|__|__|__|__
>
>            MAGICAL MYSTERY ROB
>            http://members.rotfl.com/LSUMCC
>            lord_vader@technologist.com
>
>On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Paul Adams wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> What would you recommend to keep the gearbox from breaking when using a
turbo on a GSXR1100?  A lockup clutch seems to be essential, but I have
heard about getting your gears straight cut to prolong gearbox life.  Would
you recommend this??