Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] MR Turbo Kits - Good or Bad?

Re: [turbobike] MR Turbo Kits - Good or Bad?

Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 07:04:18 -0700

>Hi all,
>
>I'm new to this mailing list so I apologise in advance if these questions
>have already been asked.
>
>I have a 1992 European spec GSX-R1100-N (Last of the 1127cc air/oil cooled
>types)the bike is very much standard at the moment with the exception of
>the usual boring race pipe and stage 3 Dynojet kit etc.
>
>I'm starting to get bored with the current setup and have decided I would
>like to do something a bit outrageous and ether Turbo or Supercharge the
>bike, but don't have much knowledge of what's available.
>
>I intend to use the bike mainly for fast street use with maybe the
>occasional track or Run-wot-ya-brung outing. I also want to retain the
>plastic body work.
>
>It seems to me that the easiest option is to buy a ready-to-go bolt on
>kit. The only suppler I know of is MR.TURBO so I Faxed them requesting
>information about their kits, but haven't received a reply yet, in the
>meantime I have a few questions for the panel:
>

>1) Are there any ready-to-go turbo kit manufactures other than MR.TURBO?

Hahn Racecraft
Phone 630-851-5444
Fax 630-851-5514
Is the only other company that I know that makes Turbo kits For the GSXR

>2) Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding the MR.TURBO
>   kits, ether good or bad?

Both Mr. turbo and hahn make good kits but Mr. turbos Fuel injection is not
to good

>3) Does anyone manufacture a mechanically driven supercharger kit for the
>    GSX-R11?

Rohm Performance Products
Phone 916-674-9123
Fax 916-674-9145
They were playing with superchargers on  gsxr's but there was a reliability
problem. still you might try them

>4) Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
>

>TIA
>
>Tim Drew
>--
>timdrew@cix.co.uk