Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] S&S carby's

Jeffrey K. Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:47:55 -0500

Phil,
  The idle mixture screw on top does exactly that,  the intemediate jet
inside the float bowl
off center, covers off idle to about 3,000 rpm.  The main covers 2500 and
up. You should
have at least one additional Thunderjet circuit which would add to
fueling above 3500
depending on the size and external bleed jet.
  I can't type well enough to describe tuning,...thats taken me years to
understand.
  I would think you'd need at least a 36 intermediate,  86 main,  and
160 Thinderjet
with a 56 bleed,.....thats where I would start.  The super D  is a very
nice carb,  you
might want to add an accelerator pump circuit,...if not so equipped.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06 Bicycle Path   Pt Jeff Sta  NY  11776   USA
techline: 631-928-9863    Fax:  631 928-6679
website:   www.jcperformance.com