Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

[turbobike] Re:"D" shaped tool.

V65MagnaRider@aol.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:15:25 EST

n a message dated 11/30/99 5:50:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com writes:

> Hello,
>      The pilot jet screw on my carbs has a D shaped head, encased in a
>  tube, so you cant get pliers on it, and regular screwdriver wouldn't
>  work.  I took some brake line and ground it's OD down so it would fit in
>  the tube, and tapped a side of it with a hammer to make a D shape.
>  Works great, but you can only adjust with the carbs off.  I screwed them
>  in and it leaned out the low end, so they must be fuel.

 Are you riding a Honda?  I'm running into this problem myself, kinda.  What
I need is a "D" socket, preferably 1/4 drive.  Anybody have any ideas?  I
have the actual Honda tool, but at 43 bucks, they are a bit pricey to be
giving them away, like I almost do.

   Anthony(Ozzie)Osborne