Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Compression Ratio

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 15:09:56 -0500

--------------A6B1C029BF1B2E7BB9956E28

Steve,
    I'm not an expert on CR, but do coat your pistons (10:1?).  I was
eating them up during
tuning my turbo sled, after coating them I only cooked on.  I highly
suggest you
do it.  I was melting pistons around 1100-1200 egt, and ran as high as
1450 with
ceramic coated pistons without damage.  Gives you some room to make
mistakes
during tuning.

Best,
    Dave.