Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Tach question

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:45:19 -0500

--------------A5F323EDA85CA0A7C05226EF

Craig,
    I'm building a dyno right now.  Your best be is to get a frequency
to voltage converter
chip (search national semiconductors web site for LM2907).  These are
real easy to use, I
considered doing this on mine but went for a more sophisticated data ac
board.  You should
be able to order free samples.
It also depends if you want to clip onto a spark plug wire, or the + of
a coil (better solution +12V
square wave from this, much easier to wire).

Let me know what you come up with, what are you planning to use for a
data acquisition
board?

good luck,
    Dave.