Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Turbo horse power vs compression ratio

John Williamson (john.williamson5@virgin.net)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:40:53 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01BF2141.AC071780

Its due to..
More restrictive inlet system when off boost
More restrictive exhaust system inc turbo
Possibly less advance (depends how you do it..)
Lower than stock compression?

Lower comp. more boost will allow more power on boost (less still on =
it..) as the limiting factor is detonation, and lowering compression =
'prevents' this happening at a given boost level.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RAW ANT=20
  To: turbobike@natvideo.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 1:42 AM
  Subject: [turbobike] Turbo horse power vs compression ratio

  This question is for anyone that can help.
  Well my turbo system is complete. I notice that I have a lot less low
  end power. Could this be do to the turbos back pressure. The second
  question is, if I lower my compression and run more boost will this
  actually afford me more horse power or is it just easier on the motor.
  THANX everyone.

-----

  RAW M.... F..... ANT=20

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01BF2141.AC071780

Its due to..
More restrictive inlet system when off=20 boost
More restrictive exhaust system inc=20 turbo
Possibly less advance (depends how you = do=20 it..)
Lower than stock = compression?

Lower comp. more boost will allow more = power on=20 boost (less still on it..) as the limiting factor is detonation, and = lowering=20 compression 'prevents' this happening at a given boost level. =