Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] turbo support

Christer Johansson (christer.johansson@mbox383.swipnet.se)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:07:11 +0200

--------------05A959DB8F771D1D80F85D0F

Stuart.
You donīt need to brace it, unless You have made the exhaust manifold
out of very thin wall tubing, wich is not the common way when building
exhaust manifold
for turbo motors. Hell, I can jack up My bike using the exhaust housing
of the
turbo.
Christer

Stuart Graves skrev:

>   Nearly finished my turbo 7/11(been saying that for the last 6
> months).Should I rig up some sort of bracket set up to support the
> turbo /headers,the IHI turbo while relativly light is still quite
> heavy to be swinging round at the end of the headers isnt
> it?Especially when you take into account the expansion and contraction
> associated with the heat of the headers.I suppose the simple question
> is to brace or not to brace, and if yes where from? I cant see a good
> place -open to suggestions.    Thanks Stuart.

--------------05A959DB8F771D1D80F85D0F

Stuart.
You don´t need to brace it, unless You have made the exhaust manifold