Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] cleaning throttle bodies

Jeff Wallace (jeffw@fatman.pro-libertate.com)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:00:34 -0500

Dave Morrill wrote:

> Darin,
>     Go to a boat shop and get something called "power tuner", I think Mercury
> marine makes it.  It's used to loosen stuck rings in outboards, and it eats bad
> gas for lunch.
>
> darin ginther wrote:
>
> > Question - I've picked up a set of throttle bodies from a '84 GPZ1100.
> > These particular throttle bodies are a big-bore bolt up for my
> > GPZ750 after swapping the TPS sensor.  Anyway, they are pretty sticky - I've
> > cleaned them in gasoline for a few hours and they are significantly looser,
> > but still not returning to the closed position
> > as promptly as I'd like.

Mine were sticking, I bought some STP Throttle Body Cleaner (yeah I know
what
you are thinking), and it worked great. Just about $3.00 so you won't
throw
away a bunch if it does not work for you.

--
-jeffw