Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

[turbobike] Re: Faster steering ZX9R B1

andrew-za.evans@ubs.com
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:59:06 +0200

That's true, I suppose, it's just that I have never seen anyone mention
anything other than engine mods on the list. I wouldn't mind if I could
read it! I too presume that corner speed is the main area where circuit
racers can win/lose. I also presume, as the turbo hasn't made it onto
the 6 yet, that major power hikes on a production bike through
turbo/nitrous systems may well entirely screw up corner speeds, as
getting on the gas early with boost could be interesting without a
strong outside leg and friendly tyres. I speak from a position of total
ignorance however. Have you tried the same bike on a track,
with/without blower? Did the lap times come down dramatically? I'd like
to see how much I'm going to regret doing this mod!
Regards,
Andy
PS I think Mr Foggy is finding out this season that terminal speed is
pretty important too, as the Duke hasn't, it seems to this impartial
amateur viewer, have the power to get by the Kwaks and Hondas. Dropping
into and driving out of corners is just fine, but as soon as it
straightens up, the bike's struggling. Don't flame me on this, just
making an observation. Yes I know he's top of the championship, but he
can't catch 'em once they're past.