Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Faster steering ZX9R B1

Jerry (jerry@spoon0.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 17 May 1999 12:27:23 +0100

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phillip Foulston=20
  To: Turbo=20
  Sent: 16 May 1999 20:09
  Subject: [turbobike] Faster steering ZX9R B1

  Hi,
  =20
  A bit of advice needed:
  I know that if I drop my yokes down my forks a little my steering will =
become faster but how much is advisable and will it make me push the =
front tyre harder through the bends?
  =20
  The bike is very stable at high speed and I can hold nice tight lines =
round long sweeping bends but the weight of the bike makes the tight =
bends a bit of a challenge especially when I have to quickly flick from =
one side to the other.

  Phil.

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01BEA060.9DEB4A20

10-15mm would be enough to start with, then pending = on how=20 much you want to effect things (the rake etc) move at 5mm=20 intervals.

Tyres are important because the loading at a = different angle=20 will change the foot print that the tyre has on the road and will need = to be'=20 run in again'
before pushing it. Beware though it will speed = things up but=20 will remove overall grip in corners and straight line stability, = especially on=20 some thing that can accelerate
like a ZX9R.

A small point that doesn't make any difference, = unless you=20 actually do any miles..............is comfort. Now I know its a sports = bike and=20 the majority of people here probably don't do = enough miles=20 to worry but changing the position of the forks will change the riding = position=20 as well as the bike (i.e. during one of the major Blade revamps they = raised the=20 bars 15mm, sounds nothing, made all the difference = to my=20 wrists round town, and I had to do 500 miles a week on one at the=20 time.)

There was a hugh article about it in a Performance = Bikes (UK)=20 about, I could have a look there if you want?

Jerry