Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com


Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:58:56 -0700

The following is taken from a Florida newspaper - supplied by Fred Collis

A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the
house in the kitchen. The man was racing the engine on the motorcycle and
somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear. The man, still holding the
handlebars, was dragged through a glass patio door and along with the
motorcycle dumped onto the floor inside the house. The wife, hearing the
crash, ran into the dining room, and found her husband laying on the floor,
cut and bleeding, the motorcycle laying next to him and the patio door
shattered. The wife ran to the phone and summoned an ambulance. Because they
lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the several flights of long
steps to the street to direct the paramedics to her husband.

After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital, the
wife uprights the motorcycle and pushed it outside. Seeing that gas had
spilled on the floor, the wife obtained some papers towels, blotted up the
gasoline, and threw the towels in the toilet.

The husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home. After
arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the damage done to
his motorcycle. He became despondent, went into the bathroom, sat on the
toilet and smoked a cigarette. After finishing the cigarette, he flipped it
between his legs into the toilet bowl while still seated. The wife, who was
in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband screaming. She ran
into the bathroom and found her husband lying on the floor. His trousers had
been blown away and he was suffering burns on the buttocks, the back of his
legs and his groin. The wife again ran to the phone and called for an
ambulance. The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at
the street. The paramedics loaded the husband on the stretcher and began
carrying him to the street.

While they were going down the stairs to the street accompanied by the wife,
one of the paramedics asked the wife how the husband had burned himself. She
told them and the paramedics started laughing so hard, one of them tipped
the stretcher and dumped the husband out. He fell down the remaining steps
and broke his arm.

Now THAT is a bad day...