Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] turbocharging a 1074 gsxr

Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:52:10 -0700

well that's what this list is here for so we all can learn
but I think 8:1 is to low for the GSXR motor
the combustion chamber is so efficient that you don't have to lower the
compression
I run a squish of .050 on the GSXR any closer and you are going to have
contact
how much power do you make at 20 psi??
yes I do run water injection for land speed racing ( 2 to 7 miles at a high
boost setting )
but not because the engine detonates because the water injection reduces the
thermal
stress on the engine and makes it last longer.
I just see no reason to waste money on part you don't need.
the stock pistons have proven them self's to me,after racing it all year
making over......I don't know 150,200 dyno runs.........you tell me
would you change anything?

Turbo Rick
350HP Turbo GSXR1100 Street bike
Web Site  http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/
Southern California Timing Association 1998 Fastest Bike of the year
EL Mirage Land speed Record holder 204.626 MPH
E-mail gsxr1100@ptw.com