Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] Transmission for GSXR1100...

Re: [turbobike] Transmission for GSXR1100...

Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:01:34 -0700

Hi Paul

I agree with crister the stock transmission is tough all I did was get the
gears back cut so I could use a electric shifter and for normal riding 1
extra spring was fine for me. now I have gone to A MTC lock up clutch
because I am planning on 400+ HP

Turbo Rick
300HP Turbo GSXR1100 Street bike And Performance Bikes
Links Page, Chat Room and coming soon the on line parts store
Web Site  http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/
Technical info http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/specs.html
Pictures http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/pictures.html
Land speed Racing http://members.xoom.com/gsxr1127/lsr.html
SUBSCRIBE in the message body
Online motorcycle book store http://members.xoom.com/gsxr1127/book1.htm
EL Mirage Land speed Record holder 204.626 MPH
E-mail gsxr1100@ptw.com

>Hi Paul, All
>
>Iīm using a stock gearbox on My GSXR11000-92 turbo-intercooler,
>and I have no problems whatsoever(270hp) I donīt think you will
>run into problems as long as you keep it on the street and donīt drag race
it
>with a slick tyre. Iīm also using a stock clutch, just added 2 springs to a
total of 4
>then it will be able to transfer twice the torque and will be twice as hard
to pull in,
>works great no slippage at all.
>Christer
>
>Paul Adams skrev:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> What would you recommend to keep the gearbox from breaking when using a
turbo on a GSXR1100?  A lockup clutch seems to be essential, but I have
heard about getting your gears straight cut to prolong gearbox life.  Would
you recommend this??