Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: [turbobike] Re: stock cams?

[turbobike] Re: stock cams?

CHRISTER JOHANSSONMCGOT.DODGEN (VCC1.DODGE@MEMO.VOLVO.SE)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:39 +0200

--- Inkommet från VCC1.DODGE 031 7654225                   98-06-03 12:39

Hi everybody

I`ve read that Cam Motion makes turbo grinds for the GSXR1127, is there
anybody that had any experience with those?
I would also like to know if there is anybody that have used a "big block"
on the street,and how much can you bore it and still have some margin
regarding the cylinder wall thickness when using turbo? Have anybody used
a stroker crank for street use? Is there any company marketing a
mechanical supercharger kit for the GSXR11, i`ve read something that Sim`s
and Rohm was experimenting with this?

Christer.J

From: gsxr1100@ptw.com
To: turbobike@natvideo.com, givenname.surname@nxx.nokia.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 19:48:56 -0700
Subject: [turbobike] Re: stock cams?

Hi Jim

Turbo engines operate with exhaust manifold pressures somewhat higher than
intake boost pressures. this situation, when presented with long-duration,
high-overlap cams, creates a huge amount of reversion.
The "Turbo cam" tends to become a low-duration,very limited overlap cam.
It's hard to find a turbo cam that works better than the stock cam

Turbo Rick
Web page
300HP Turbo GSXR1100
Street bike, Technical, Pictures