Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

[turbobike] Re: timing retards

Jeffrey K. Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:07:31 -0500

I was using a boost activated retard on my test Buell,  until I got the
water injection
sorted out,....now I find the need to tune all over again with less
retard giving more
overall performance.  Will let everyone know how it ultimately turns out.
 I need to
verify max advance at different boost setting before conclusions,...and
this cold
weather makes it tough.
   I think what boost, static compression, fuel, and chamber design have
a LOT to
do with it.  The big twin is certainly more prone to detonate than more
modern
engines,...so I don't know how relevant my results are.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06 Bicycle Path   Pt Jeff Sta  NY  11776   USA
techline: 631-928-9863    Fax:  631 928-6679
website:   www.jcperformance.com
****