Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] head studs

Bryan (bgoodwin@iquest.net)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:22:01 -0500

I think we just want to believe that we know better than the factory so we
have an excuse to tinker.
Also, the factory has many factors in mind when manufacturing a motorcycle
and all that entails. For instance, rather than just brute strength, they
must make a given part strong enough to be reliable in its application
while being light weight and easy to produce (i.e. COST EFFECTIVE). My
point is, when sometimes it appears that the factory has under-engineered a
part they have, in fact, engineered the part with great resolve considering
the obstacles they must overcome. After all, they're trying to make money.
We're just trying to go as fast as we can without regard to cost.

bgoodwin@iquest.net
FZR1000 turbo EFI
(aka The Money Pit)