Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

[turbobike] Re: Need More!

Jeffrey K. Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:31:24 -0500

Mike,
  A low mounted turbo is possible,..but it needs an oil extractor system
that increases complexity, plumbing, cost, etc.  Also a low mounted
turbo CANNOT be ridden in heavy rain,..the turbo will suck a lot of water
into the motor from front wheel splash.
  I will find some pics and send them asap.
I have not found the need for an intercooler as yet.  Remember,  the
motor
makes so much power you can only use full throttle for 10 or 15 seconds,
not  time for too much heat and detonation problems.  This is true of
most
street turbo bikes,  bikes designed for top speed are not in this
discussion.
  A water injection system will suffice for almost any
street/drag/roadrace
setup under 20 psi boost.  That will get you close to 200 rear wheel HP,
really overkill and too much for a roadrace chassis like the Buell.  I
have
always found that around 160 RWHP  gives more than enough street
performance for most expert riders.  Properly used, it will keep you
happy
and competitive in most encounters. ( I did say MOST)
  The oiling system for the T-2 is simple,...unfortuneately typing is not
my
thing,...and long answers don't leave time for shop work,...and are
complex !
  I hope this helps.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06 Bicycle Path   Pt Jeff Sta  NY  11776   USA
techline: 631-928-9863    Fax:  631 928-6679
website:   www.jcperformance.com