Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

RE: [turbobike] Fw: Help set-up turbo bike

Tim Meenan (tmeenan@flash.net)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:57:21 -0600

  From: owner-turbobike@natvideo.com [mailto:owner-turbobike@natvideo.com]On
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 2:23 PM
  To: turbobike questions
  Subject: [turbobike] Fw: Help set-up turbo bike

  From: Dave Shaw
  To: turbobike questions
  Cc: turbobike questions
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 8:20 PM
  Subject: Fw: Help set-up turbo bike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Shaw
  To: turbobike@natvideo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 8:08 PM
  Subject: Help set-up turbo bike

  Hi guys
  I have just finished putting together suzuki turbo in martek frame.
  Using suzuki gsx1100 katana motor, bored to 1260,welded crank,heavy duty
rods,
  straight cut-gears,m.r.e lock-up clutch,etc,etc.
  8-1 compression ratio.Draw-thru turbo set-up.
  Turbo is Rajay 302B with S&S B81 carb.Ignition is Dyna 2000.
  I have started bike and everything seems ok.
  Not ridden yet, as still waiting some cycle parts.
  Bike to be set-up on dyno,would like to get turbo set-up close
before-hand.
  My question is,as i have not ridden or set-up turbobike before.
  Where do i start.ie;
  Jet for carb ?? Currently Main jet is 100
  Ignition - retarded ??.
  Fuel is gravity fed from Pingel tap.
  What bhp can i expect,and what p.s.i. can i go to, with current build of
bike using
  gravity fed,pump fuel.
  Any info & help much appreciated.
                     Dave

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF2B8B.E442E120

I have=20 a GSXR 1188 Turbo. I run a 120 main jet out of a super E carb with stock = ignition. I recommend getting a fuel pump.You need it to keep the bowl = full. At=20 high boost you will use fuel faster than gravity will feed the carb. If = your=20 motor goes lean for any reason, you can really mess it up. I run C16 = fuel in=20 mine and have a multistage boost switch set at 8,17 and 25 lbs boost. = You should=20 expect to see about 190hp at 8lbs boost, 240 at 17 and don't know what = my top=20 stage does.