Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

[turbobike] Fw: Help set-up turbo bike

Dave Shaw (dave@54whit.fsnet.co.uk)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:52:54 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01BF2BBD.8F446220

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Dave Shaw=20
To: turbobike@natvideo.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 8:08 PM
Subject: Help set-up turbo bike

Hi guys
I have just finished putting together suzuki turbo in martek frame.
Using suzuki gsx1100 katana motor, bored to 1260,welded crank,heavy duty =
rods,
straight cut-gears,m.r.e lock-up clutch,etc,etc.
8-1 compression ratio.Draw-thru turbo set-up.
Turbo is Rajay 302B with S&S B81 carb.Ignition is Dyna 2000.
I have started bike and everything seems ok.
Not ridden yet, as still waiting some cycle parts.
Bike to be set-up on dyno,would like to get turbo set-up close =
before-hand.
My question is,as i have not ridden or set-up turbobike before.
Where do i start.ie;
Jet for carb ?? Currently Main jet is 100
Ignition - retarded ??.
Fuel is gravity fed from Pingel tap.
What bhp can i expect,and what p.s.i. can i go to, with current build of =
bike using
gravity fed,pump fuel.
Any info & help much appreciated.
                   Dave