Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Simple Question

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:27:57 -0400

Hi from drizzly Seattle. That sounds like the expander ring that keeps the oil ring pressed against the sides of the cylinder. It's mounted first, under the oil ring, of course. Only problem is two strokes don't have oil control rings, and I've never heard of using an expander under a compression ring, so I guess I'm stumped, unless they sent out the wrong ring set. But then it doesn't sound like you have enough parts for a four stroke piston. Check out the pics at http://www.deves.com/oilring_inst.html and maybe you can figure it out.


Pat Inniss

andrew-za.evans@ubs.com wrote:
> Hello from drizzly Switzerland,

I received this from a bikey mate in Brum. Not strictly a turbo thing, 
but I'm sure you've all done this many, many times, with the amount of 
power you boys are kickin out. He has just received a piston ring kit 
for a single cylinder two stroke engine. (Don't ask, it was cheap, OK?)

>There are 3 parts, 2 rings l looking spring thing. Well I was
>wndering what the spring thing was  - I suppose it goes between the rings,
>but I don't know why. If you know, then please tell me.

I don't know what it is, either, anyone help?

Andy Evans