Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

RE: [turbobike] needle measuring/custom needles

Jurgen Mausch (jmausch@collisionanalysis.com)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:52:34 -0600

Can you e-mail any pictures and info about your CBR project?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-turbobike@natvideo.com
[mailto:owner-turbobike@natvideo.com]On Behalf Of Dave Morrill
Sent: August 3, 1999 10:39 AM
To: bike
Subject: [turbobike] needle measuring/custom needles

Hello,
    Does anyone have a diagram on the proper way to measure
needles/taper?

    I also need a (hopefully inexpensive) place to get a custom needle
built, or at least a source where someone
will work with me on selecting a needle (Keihin factory CV carbs).

    I have my 600F3 turbo running pretty well now, but I have a mean
lean spot around 6-8000 rpm that I can't
seem to dial out with my existing setup.  I'm just about ready to go in
for my next dyno session, but I want
to get a little closer on the street before I go.

thanks,
    Dave.