Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] CBR900 or GSXR1100

Dave Morrill (david.p.morrill@fairchildsemi.com)
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:13:37 -0400

Rick,
    Not exactly sure yet.  On my snowmobile I had an oiling problem and blew
a bearing and rebuilt it myself no problem.

    This one, however, was toast.   I had some pretty serious backfiring
during tuning, this may have contributed.  The bearings died so badly that
the compressor hit the housing and bent the vanes, so the cartridge is pretty
much junk.  When I took it off the bike, I started it up and ran it to see if
my oil line was plugged, but I had plenty of oil, and the turbo housing was
full when I took it off.

    I sent it back to where I got it to see if they can figure out what
happened.

Dave.