Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] Nitrous Problems - warning, long post

Bill Charette (five0@skypoint.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:41:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Jon Jarosz wrote:

> I know this is strictly a turbo list, but I can't get any help on my other
> list because no one else is using nitrous, so I'm sorry if it doesn't
> apply.  Here's the history of the bike:

That's cuz the rest of us on the FJ list don't have that little
psychopathic Canadian Hockey Player streak :)

Jon, would a bottle heater have helped?  How much pressure were you
running in the bottles?  I have no idea if bike bottles are different than
car bottles for recommended pressures, but A friend who has nitrous in his
mustang says for a standard 10 lb bottle, you need 900 lbs minimum, 1200
lbs optimum, bottle heater will keep it up to 1200 lbs (if it's reasonably
full) even when it gets down to 50ish degrees F outside

Bill Charette
Five0@skypoint.com | http://www.skypoint.com/~five0             DoD:#1915
1985 Yamaha FJ1100                                               NRA:Life
Newton's 17th law of Life in America:  For every action there is an
unequal and moronic overreaction. --R&T, 4/98