Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] turbocharging a 1074 gsxr

Jeff Churchill (jcperformance@juno.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:46:13 edt

  Yes,....have run up to 20 psi.  My best result was with the stock cv
carb,  modified N72V needle and 240 main.  The idle circuit was opened up
too.  I'm running S-2 cams,...mildest available from HD,....I think the
exhaust backpressure from the Aerocharger necessitates  more fuel from
the idle circuit than stock can supply (less signal)   Its just in the
quest for more power and better midrange,....when i lean it out too much
and get a lean backfire the turbo is basically ruined.  I can't deal with
that. A good old Garrett is almost bulletproof and good enough for
aircraft.  We''ll see.
   Your dual plugging is excellent.

Jeff Churchill

J.C. Performance    617-06  Bicycle Path   Port Jefferson Station   NY
11776    USA
tech:  516-928-6679  or  516-928-9863
website:     http://www.jcperformance.com/