Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Re: [turbobike] High speed equipment?

Bill Charette (five0@skypoint.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:57:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Jesper Bengtsson wrote:

In my experience, DID makes the best chains on the market.  The 530 ZVM is
the OEM chain for several of the big bikes.  One guy on the Yamaha FJ
Mailing list got 48,000 miles out of this chain with a scottoiler.  He
rides long distance rallies, and has done numerous 1K and 1.5K days, and a
2K day.  In fact, he did 2 1.5K days to and from Montana for his 2K
day.  The FJ is a notoriously grunty bike and the general consensus of
those of us on that list is DID or take the cage.  It should be up to
task.  It is however, a bit spendy, expect to spend $180.  As for
Sprockets, I'm sure most of what the big boys use (Afam, RK, etc) should
work fine.  Tires? I dunno. I use K591's on my FJ, since it'll 'only' do
145, and I scrape peg LONG before I run out of traction with them.  Any of
the latest rubber (ME-Z4, D205/207, BT57) etc should suit you fine, as
long as it's Z rated.

> Hi,
> Has anyone got a recommendation for tires and chains/sprockets.
>
> I want to at least "feel" somewhat "safe" when I'm travelling fast, and
> tires/chains are
> one of my concerns, will they hold at 300km/hour?
>
> Cheers,
> Jesper
> Double Turbo VFR750, "adjustable" 200-250bhp

Bill Charette
Five0@skypoint.com | http://www.skypoint.com/~five0             DoD:#1915
1985 Yamaha FJ1100                                               NRA:Life
Newton's 17th law of Life in America:  For every action there is an
unequal and moronic overreaction. --R&T, 4/98