Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: [turbobike] Fw: Noah - 1998

[turbobike] Fw: Noah - 1998

Rick (gsxr1100@ptw.com)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:48:35 -0700

I couldn't help my self

Subject: Noah - 1998

>If Noah had built his ark today and the Lord spoke to Noah, He would say:
>
>"Aloha Noah, Dude, in six months I am going to make it rain until the whole
world is covered with water and all the evil things are destroyed. But, I
want to save a few good people and two of every living thing on the planet.
I am ordering you to build an ark."  And, in a flash of lightning, He
delivered the specifications for the ark.

>"OK" Noah said, trembling with fear and fumbling with the blueprints, "I'm
your man." "Six months and it starts to rain," thundered the Lord.  "You
better have my ark completed or learn to swim for a long, long time!"

>Six months passed, the sky began to cloud up, and the rain began to
>falling torrents.  The Lord looked down and saw Noah sitting in his yard,
weeping, and there was no ark.  "Noah!" shouted the Lord, "where is My ark?"

>A lightning bolt crashed into the ground right beside Noah.  "Lord, please
forgive me!" begged Noah.  "I did my best, but there were some big problems.
First I had to get a building permit for the ark's construction project, but
your plans did not meet their code.  So, I had to hire an engineer to redo
the plans, only to get into a long argument with him about whether to
include a fire-sprinkler system.  "My neighbors objected, claiming that I
was violating zoning by building the ark in my front yard, so I had to get a
variance from the city planning board."
>Then, I had a big problem getting enough wood for the ark, because there
was a ban on cutting trees to save the spotted owl.  I tried to convince the
environmentalists and the US Fish and Wildlife Service that Ineeded the wood
to save the owls, but they wouldn't let me catch them, so no owls.
>"Next, I started gathering up the animals but got sued by an animal rights
group that objected to me taking along only two of each kind."
>Just when I got  the suit dismissed, the EPA notified me that I couldn't
complete the ark without filing an environmental impact statement on Your
proposed flood.  They  didn't take kindly to the idea that they had no
jurisdiction over the conduct of a supreme being."
>Then, the Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed flood plan.
>I sent them a globe!
>"Right now I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Equal
Opportunities Commission over how many minorities  I'm supposed to hire."
>The IRS has seized all my assets claiming that I am trying to leave the
country, and I just got a notice from the state that I owe some kind of use
tax.  Really, I don't think I can finish the ark in less than five years."

>With that, the sky cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow arched
across the sky.  Noah looked up and smiled.  "You mean you are not going to
destroy the world?," he asked hopefully.

>"No," said the Lord, "the government already has."
>Turbo Rick
300HP Turbo GSXR1100 Street bike And Performance Bikes
Links Page, Chat Room
Web Site  http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/
Technical info http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/specs.html
Pictures http://www.ptw.com/~gsxr1100/pictures.html