Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] Fw: help

Re: [turbobike] Fw: help

Phillip Foulston (hyperspace@dial.pipex.com)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:52:34 +0100

Glen,

I had a similar problem when I tuned a GS750.
Basically I had the head skimmed and bolted on some 28mm Deloto smoothbores.
The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as I had.
Great power upto about 7000 then it died till about 8000 when it pulled
again.
I did a plug chop and they were white (way too lean) so I increased the size
of the main jets this made absolutely no difference at all.
I managed to resolve it with a free flow fuel tap and larger bore petrol
pipe.
I also suggest that you check for air leaks in your inlet manifold (speaks
the voice of expence and the owner of one holed piston).
Hope this helps.

Phil

P.S.
Drop me an email about the kit you said you could supply me with because I
am waiting to bolt a turbo onto my ZX-9R and am still looking for the best
way of doing it.
Where can I get a garret turbo from?
If anyone else has any suggestions please drop me an email.