Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] oil return problem

Re: [turbobike] oil return problem

christer johansson (christer.johansson@mbox383.swipnet.se)
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 00:15:55 +0200

Hello

I saw the drawing on the oil return reed and got very interested
Iīve also have some problems with My oil return. Now Iīm using
a very similar system to the one in the drawing, but instead of a
reed valve Iīm using a valve between the turbo and the oil pan
wich is controlled by oil pressure wich is supposed to open the
valve when the motor is started and close when the motor shuts
off, but itīs not that easy cause itīs hard to get the spring inside
the valve right, either itīs to hard and the wants to close when
the motor is idling, or itīs to soft and donīt close when I turn
off the motor and fills up the exhaust with oil.
But this reed valve, isnīt it restrictive to the oil flow into the pump?
Does Your system work OK , no smoke out the exhaust on idle
or 1gallon of oil in the exhaust when you start it up?

regards/Christer.J