Turbobike Web Site www.Turborick.com

Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Hotrod Motorcycles: Re: [turbobike] jetting question

Re: [turbobike] jetting question

CHRISTER JOHANSSONMCGOT.DODGEN (VCC1.DODGE@MEMO.VOLVO.SE)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:06 +0200

--- Inkommet från VCC1.DODGE 031 7654225                    98-07-02 10:06 ---

I´m using a Malpasi boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator,wich can be
adjusted by turn of a screw,to set fuel pressure at desired level
above incoming boost,on my bike (1992 GSXR1100turbo) with stock 40mm
Mikuni carbs.You also have to route boost to pressurice the fuel bowls.
It sounds like, as soon as your motor starts making boost the gasoline
go backways through the carbs, thereby killing the motor without fuel.
I´m using 280 main jets and reshaped needels , it runs clean and hard
from off idle to redline.

Christer

From: ABNZX9@aol.com
To: turbobike@natvideo.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 22:32:29 EDT
Subject: Re: [turbobike] jetting question

Hey all,
I am in the process of jetting my 94 ZX9 that I have jus installed a blow-thru
turbo-system on and I need some help.
With an epoxy head,full Muzzy pipe and jet kit we ended up at 215 main jets.
Now I have added the turbo and a 950 kit with the compression set at 9.5-1 and
am having problems getting the jetting right.
The bike has a slight stumble off idle then clears up and runs decent until
approx 4500 rpms then it jus dies.I pulled a plug and the electrode and ground
are a really light shade of grey.Is this mainly indicative of a lean
condition?
I tried a set of jets drilled to 275 and a set drilled to 245 and both sets
ran the same as above.
Anyone have any suggestions?

  -> ABNZX9(a)aol.com
  -> turbobike(a)natvideo.com